African Network Geography Update with Telegeography
In this session Patrick Christian, Senior Research Manager with TeleGeography discusses the latest developments in international bandwidth demand, inter-regional and intra-African route growth, new cables, price erosion and end-user demand growth. Patrick showcases fresh TeleGeography data focusing on global bandwidth trends, followed by a deep dive into African network trends.
In this session, we will be covering:
Global Bandwidth trends
- How is int’l bandwidth growing? What is driving demand?
- Where are sub cables landing?
- How fast are global prices falling
African Bandwidth trends
- Planned submarine systems
- Capacity and pricing changes
Localized Content Growth
- Infrastructure growth – IXs, CDNs/PoPs then DC builds
- Content provider ecosystems